Record of Collins View blurbs submitted to SW News
These blurbs are usually limited to 500 words. The articles are submitted to SWNI soon after our monthly meeting. (There are also July/Aug blurbs.) Articles may be edited for length by SWNI. SW News publishes color photos, and has recently gone 'All Digital'.
Articles are listed according to the SW News issue.
- JAN 2021 Collins View Triangle history, Trolleys, Dance Hall, Grocery, Palatine triangle
- FEB 2021 Greenwood Hills Cemetery, Jesse Boone historical marker
- MAR 2021 Eagle Tree blown down in cemetery.
- APR 2021 Our Valentine's Day
Power's Out Experience, Lessons Learned, Plan for next outage or emergency!
- MAY 2021 Memorial Day marks the 130th anniversary of the arrival of an electric trolley in the Collins View neighborhood.
- JAN 2020 South Reach River Plan Open House; rewrite of Code 3.96 (to eliminate neighborhoods)
- FEB 2020 The RIP policy, avoid these streets on icy days
- MAR 2020 Bedrock Basalt under Collins View; residents testified before City Council re: RIP
- APR 2020 A heads-up when work closes a road; Songbirds of SW Portland Parks & Yards
- MAY 2020 River View Natural Area (RVNA) Trail Report
- JUN 2020 Candidate elections; Scofflaw bikers vs Altruism in action
- JUL 2020 Two months of Covid-19 quarantine highlighted challenges, appreciation
- AUG 2020 Capitol Hill School's graduation car parade; new technologies for community connectedness
- SEP 2020 All Collins View residents invited to participate
- OCT 2020 Lewis & Clark College response to Covid
- NOV 2020 Trees in Development Situations
- DEC 2020 Mask making: Danni McLaughlin formed sewsafepdx
- JAN 2019 Capitol Hill Elementary School , Tree canopy
- FEB 2019 Transportation System Plan/Bike, Active shooter Response; Jack McLarty mural
- MAR 2019 revising City Code 3.96, Public Safety Preparedness Fair
- APR 2019 Run! Hide! Fight! (Public safety demo, Hazards-wildfire, landslide, earthquake)
- MAY 2019 NA elections Wild lands Fire Hazard, dry vernal pools
- JUN 2019 National Night Out history & plans, City-Wide NET Deployment exercise
- JUL 2019 Terwilliger's highest posted speed limit, Vision Zero, Age Friendly City, Equity & Inclusion
- AUG 2019 Lewis & Clark’s first Annual Neighborhood Meeting, OCCL eliminated
- SEP 2019 Neighborhood Watch gone, prevalent wildfires
- OCT 2019 NET Citywide Deployment Exercise, Crow talk
- NOV 2019 Water pipe project, Terwilliger@Primrose Bus Stop, Ride Connection
- DEC 2019
Portland Crow Roost talk, New South Portland Project
- DEC 2019 BONUS ARTICLE River Plan/South Reach & Environmental Overlay Zone Map Correction Projects
- JAN 2018 Crime stats, PDX Reporter, ?
- FEB 2018 SW city street maintenance, annexation areas maps
- MAR 2018 First Wednesday Presentations, The Westside Wildlife Corridor, What's blooming and hatching in March
- APR 2018 Upcoming talks 911 Wayfinding, Crime Prevention, Vernal Pools Project Budburst
- MAY 2018 NA elections, Neighborhood Night Out Ice cream, Campers on the streets
- JUN 2018 Elected NA Board, CVNA Action Plan 2018-2019
- JUL 2018 Trimet
Listening Sessions, Ice cream social, dry season
- AUG 2018 Lines down, NETS on duty, fire extinguisher refresher.
- SEP 2018 Collins View demographics, NET team dynamics - ?
- OCT 2018 Sylvia Bogert, speaker, communication with SWNI
- NOV 2018
Where the rubber leaves the road (Terwilliger speeds, accidents)
- DEC 2018 NET city wide deployment exercise
- JAN 2017 Takedown of big trees
- FEB 2017 Reaffirm the social values of its residents and resident institutions, among them St. Mark Church, Riverdale High School and Lewis and Clark College
- MAR 2017 "Planting" in the Natural Area
- APR 2017 City tree code: ?
- MAY 2017 Friends of River View Natural Area
- JUN 2017 about NAs (several articles)
- JUL 2017 Palatine Hill Rd
Vision Zero signs, Watershed 101 workshop, field trip
- AUG 2017 Commercial, educational, residential, faith institutions make CV's urban biome.
- SEP 2017 National Night Out Picnic on campus,
- OCT 2017 eclipse viewing, very hot and smokey month, The Oregon Resilience Plan:
- NOV 2017 Storm Drain Keepers Links, No Ivy Day, Residential Infill Project
- DEC 2017 lack of speed enforcement, Winter weather good advice, protect pets (links)
- JAN 2016 Prepare! Pineapple Express, River View Natural Area Master Plan
- FEB 2016 City Council re Riverview Natural Area (RVNA), CV position
- MAR 2016 RVNA biking-specific literature
- APR 2016 Evergreen Project
- MAY 2016 Bird Walk, Institutional Zoning
- JUN 2016 2035 Comprehensive Plan, campus boundary, SW Corridor, Off-Road Cycling
- JUL 2016 SW Corridor Plan, Comprehensive plan, RVNA abuse & hazards
- AUG 2016 Election Issues, electric vehicles link
- SEP 2016 Firetrucks need access, tree code not enforced
- OCT 2016 Tree Code compliance
- NOV 2016 Environment Oregon,
- DEC 2016 Residential Infill Concept Open letter
- JAN 2015 NETs, Neighborhood Map plan
- FEB 2015 NETs, Neighborhood Map plan
- MAR 2015 Alice St water tower
- APR 2015 River View Natural Area RVNA
- MAY 2015 Elections, Neighborhood Trails, RVNA letters
- JUN 2015 RVNA management plan
- JUL 2015 SW Trails, Macadam Ridge, Propane Export Terminal.
- AUG 2015 Drought, Auditor's report SW satisfaction lowest rating
- SEP 2015 Picnic, RVNA Campsites, Fire season
- OCT 2015 Campus Institution Zoning Project, Grand Alliance…Save Public Postal Service
- NOV 2015 RVNA Master Plan, Institutional Zoning
- DEC 2015 Police staffing, RVNA MP, Off Road Cycling Master Plan, Campus Institutional Zoning
See SWNI Archive for back issues of SW News:
[LINK Opens Google Drive].
Collins View Home