River View Natural Area
Here is a map of the proposed plan for the natural area.
Click to see full page image.
- an 'Interior Preserve', with a big Loop trail around the perimeter.
- very limited access to the interior, for scientific studies.
- a smaller loop in the flatter west end of the natural area.
- 35 parking spaces along Palatine Hill Road. No parking lot per se.
- a potential future connection (crossing HWY43) to Powers Marine Park.
- no parking on HWY 43.
The city hopes to complete the management plan for the natural area by the end of 2015. Then work might begin on decommissioning legacy trails, building the perimeter trail, and so on. Much work needs to be done to restore the stream outflows into the Willamette River.
River View Natural Area - on City of Portland website. Be sure to see the many links on that page, in the sidebar and at bottom of the page — Project Advisory Committee (PAC) Notes, Background Information,
FAQs on the River View Natural Area Management Plan, and so on!
River View Natural Area - Particularly relevant Information / Site Tour Summary Technical Memo
A Facebook page
Riverview Natural Area Conservation Project was set up by a concerned citizen. It carries news about watershed issues, nature sightings, and serves as an unapologetic watchdog for the natural area.
A 'Friends of RVNA' group was formed. A Stewardship Agreement may be finalized in October 2106.
The Friends group has an informative website: [LINK].
Collins View Home